Landlord Rental Accounts

What do I need to do if I am a landlord with rental properties?

If you own rental property personally you are required to register for self-assessment and include your rental income in your tax return as a landlord  if your rental income is:

  • £2,500 to £9,999 after allowable expenses
  • £10,000 or more before allowable expenses

If your rental income is between £1000 and £2500, you  need to advise HMRC, but may not need to prepare a personal tax return.

When you sell the property you will need to calculate and pay tax on any gains made.

HMRC have a host of information for landlords here.

How can we help with your landlord accounts?

We'll help you through the whole process including:

Regular reminders throughout the year, requesting relevant information for your return

Expert support and advice

Optimise your tax efficiency by identifying any potential reliefs you may be able to claim

Calculate your tax/refund due and provide a schedule of payments

Complete and file your return on your behalf

Deal directly with HMRC on your behalf

Preparation of capital gains calculations and returns on sale of property


Here are some answers to common questions we get asked.  Please let us know if you'd like to discuss any questions you have and we'll see how we can best assist you.  Alternatively, Contact Us.

Can’t find the answer to your question?

Please feel free to Contact Us and we can see how we can help.